FREE today until Saturday 14th April 2018.
***5 star – award-winning book for new dads***
The Ultimate Gift from Bump for Expectant Fathers or New Dads. How To Tackle Everything In The First Year Of Parenting!
An absolute must-have for all new dads and dads-to-be. ‘Debut Dads – The First Season of Fatherhood’ is packed full with tricks, tactics and strategies for tackling the first 12 months of being a first time father.
You’ll get pre-season preparation plans, learn the Crazy Gang approach to parenting and get familiar with the baby care set pieces including bottle feeding, nappy changing and sleeping routines.
This is the perfect gift for new dads and comes equipped with checklists and tips to help new fathers before they kick off, followed by ultimate guides to the relationship with mum (aka ‘Head Coach’), bonding with babies and injury time woes.
This jam-packed baby care book for dads also covers the most popular questions expectant dads chant from the terraces, such as:
– When should I give my baby his first bath?
– Can new fathers get post-natal depression?
– How do you know if your baby has colic?
– How long will it take before I have a connection with my baby?
Discover everything you need to know in the 13 easy-to-read chapters…
2. Pre-Season (getting the stadium kitted out and ready for your new arrival)
3. Making your debut (pregnancy and labour is over, so here’s everything you need to think about from the moment your baby is born)
4. Sleep and 3am Kick Offs (putting a baby to bed, crying in the night and sleep deprivation)
5. Baby v. Food (feeding, weaning and solid foods)
6. Travel and Away games (leaving the home and the lowdown on prams and pushchairs)
7. Relationship with the Head Coach (the mum)
8. You: The Manager of Dad FC (becoming daddy, mental and physical well-being and the Crazy Gang approach to parenting)
9. Injury time (dealing with injuries and illness)
10. The Loan System (childcare and childminders)
11. Bonding with Babies
12. The Big Games of the Season (baby development)
13. Win it like Leicester City (win parenting in your first season like Claudio Ranieri won with Leicester City in 2016 – the comparisons are uncanny, seriously…)
The Final Whistle
Having a baby is one of the most significant, exciting and scary times in a man’s life. It’s great to have the familiar surrounding of a football season to guide you through it, step by step! You’ll never realise how much football and fatherhood have in common! The content of this book has also been approved by a trained midwife and psychologist… so there!
Finalist 2016 – The Wishing Shelf Independent Book Awards
Top 10 in Families & Parents > Fatherhood (UK Books – August 2016)
#3 in Family Relationships (Top #100 Kindle Store UK Free – August 2016)
#3 in Fatherhood (Top #100 Kindle Store US Free – August 2016)
“A baby book cleverly disguised as a football book! Perfect for any new dad who sees everything ‘football’. A finalist and highly recommended.” The Wishing Shelf Book Awards
“Enjoyed this very much. It’s well thought-out, simply written – always good for a self-help book – and will entice football dads to open it and learn from the author’s wisdom. And there’s plenty of wisdom in there.” Dad of twins.
“If you are feeling stressed about becoming a dad, this will help. Not only will you learn lots of ways of coping with the new child, you might even learn a bit about football.” Dad
“I loved it! The manager’s comments were very funny. In fact, the whole book was funny… and will keep any dad interested” Female reader
Buy the book, and follow the author on social media:
Learn more about the writer. Visit the Author’s Website.
Buy the Book On Amazon.
Visit the Facebook Fan Page.
Visit the Twitter page.
Alex is a huge football fan who became a parent. From humble beginnings in the Midlands, Alex did what almost all other young boys did – play, live and breathe football. Life has taken him on a few different journeys (to football stadiums across the country mainly) but perhaps the biggest journey of all for Alex was his venture into fatherhood.
“I’ve always had a passion for creating things – so to write and produce a book that might just make a few dads’ lives easier (or give them a few chuckles) is a privilege”
Alex is an author and digital contractor. He works on the world’s most popular children’s phonics game.
Alex spends the rest of his time with his friends and lovely little family in Kent.