About The Book:
This guide is for people wanting to give their puppy the best start to life. But this guide is more than just a ‘puppy manual’, it’s a comprehensive resource that you can refer to over and over again throughout your dog’s whole life. I have also included illustrations that make it easy to follow my training and health care tips.
In 179 pages, you’ll discover all that you need to know about training and looking after your precious pup:
• A checklist of what to do when you bring your puppy home.
• The right equipment for training and caring for your puppy.
• The right diet and feeding schedules for puppies.
• How to prevent food aggression.
• How to tell what is good for your dog by reading food labels.
• Tips on overcoming fussy eating habits.
• Which 20 ‘human’ foods and other materials are very bad for dogs.
• How to prevent ear infections.
• How to clip your dog’s nails safely, without fuss.
• Simple ways to keep your dog’s teeth clean and her breath fresh.
• How to keep your dog’s eyes clean.
• How to care for different types of coats.
• The safe and hassle-free way to bathe your dog.
• How to ensure your dog is confident and happy.
• How to exercise your dog.
• Fun games and toys.
• Ensure car rides are comfortable and safe for you and your dog.
• Manage car sickness.
• Manage domestic and international air travel for your dog.
• How to keep children safe around dogs.
• Ways you can get your puppy used to children.
• Easy potty training.
• Basic ground rules professionals use to makes training easier.
• How to make sure your puppy is eager to learn new commands.
• How to stop bad behavior without hollering or hitting your puppy.
• How to teach your dog to stand, sit, drop, heel and come.
• How to ensure your dog is calm around people.
• How to ensure your puppy accepts common household noises.
• How to stop your puppy chewing your furniture and clothes.
• How to stop your puppy from nipping and biting.
• How to stop your puppy from going crazy when she meets people.
• How to train your puppy not to fret and howl when you’re away.
• Important vaccinations.
• Worms, heartworm and fleas.
• What to do if your dog stops breathing or is vomiting.
• What to do if your dog is bleeding run over.
• What to do if your dog is bitten by a snake.
• What to do if your dog is dry-retching or vomiting.
• How to bandage your dog’s ear, tail or leg.
• What to do if your dog has eaten poison.
• What to do if your dog has eaten chocolate.
• What to pack in your dog’s first aid and evacuation kits.
• How to handle your dog’s heat stroke or heat exhaustion.
• How to give your dog a pill.
• The tell-tale signs of shock and how to manage a dog in shock.
Mia, an experienced dog trainer, has helped thousands of owners train their own dogs to behave better. In fact, Mia’s clients compare her to Cesar Millan by calling her ‘The Australian Dog Whisperer.’ Other clients have compared her to Victoria Stilwell and Ian Dunbar, because Mia dispenses no-nonsense, practical advice that actually works.
Here’s what Elle Tosolini from Melbourne, Australia, says about Mia’s puppy training: “Mia, you blew me away with your knowledge and understanding of dogs. Thank you for your dog training advice. My dog and I have learned so much from you and we’ll be practicing what you taught us!”
Enjoy your puppy and I hope you have many fun-filled years together! If you want to give your puppy the best start to life, then get your copy at the kindle bookstore now.
Hi, I’m Mia Montagliani. I am a dog owner, dog trainer and life coach. Thanks for visiting my author’s site!
I have been training dogs as a hobby for over 15 years and I founded Your Dog Needs You in 2010. In this relatively short period of time I have helped more than a thousand people with my tips, blogs, articles, products and videos.
I am not only a dog trainer, I am also a specialist in coaching people. This means not only do I have the know-how and experience to train dogs well, I am able to empower owners to train their own dogs; there’s nothing more satisfying than seeing dog owners develop a loving and hassle-free relationship with their dogs. The secret is all about loving leadership; I am often asked how I am able to train dogs so well – I always respond “dogs love a strong leader – if you can show them whose boss in a loving way, then you’ll have an obedient and loyal companion for life.”
I have had the privilege of working face to face with many dog and puppy owners by helping them to overcome their dogs’ behavioral problems as well as enhancing their dogs’ lives through obedience, health and love. I am also committed to improving the relationship between owners and their dogs.
I own two Manchester Terriers, Frodo and Ziggy (you’ll sometimes see them in my training videos and pictured next to my tips and articles).
To you and your dog’s health & happiness…