Kindly read the following and give honest answers:
1. How will you react if you woke up, and everything running on electricity had suddenly come to a halt overnight?
2. Have you ever tried living without smartphones and the internet for an indefinite period?
3. Do you believe your personality influences your thoughts? Or is that your thoughts influence your personality?
Disruption of communications, the internet, and transport are perhaps among the most dramatic effects of natural disasters like hurricanes, which forces humans to learn and re-learn strategies to adapt to an unfamiliar environment. My book consists of heavy graphics and is a multidisciplinary approach to analyze the psychological effects and outcomes of a natural disaster.
By exploring the subtle human behavioral changes, the author attempts to provide a solution to deal with the unwanted psychological consequences of a natural disaster. Such consequences include:
• Formation of memories of a disaster.
• Withdrawal symptoms in response to smartphones and internet detoxification.
• Effects of rumors and fake news on social media platforms.
• The role of an individual’s personality and the impact of past experiences in mitigating with a disaster.
While reading this book, your imagination and abstractions will reach surprising levels and are likely to go way beyond what the author had in his mind when writing the book.
Hence, the text and images in this book have been written and arranged in a manner capable of presenting a vivid description of events.
So, grab your copy of the book and start a journey worth reading.
Buy the book, and follow the author on social media:
Buy the Book On Amazon.
Anmol has completed Post Graduation (in Health Psychology) from Ravenshaw University in 2018 and completed BA (in Psychology) from Ravenshaw University in 2016. He has been awarded the Gold Medal for securing the top position in his Post-graduation batch of 2016-2018.
Anmol has cleared the Junior Research Fellowship Exam awarded by University Grants Commission India, in the subject of Psychology in 2018. Currently, Anmol is pursuing a Ph.D. at the Post-graduation Department of Psychology, Ravenshaw University, Cuttack. His areas of interest include an understanding of the human behavior, mental disorders, and applications of psychological principles to the existing problems in various spheres of our society. His Ph.D. theme is based on the mental health and well-being of the adolescents and is being guided by Prof. (Dr.) Sangeeta Rath, Chairperson, Council of Deans, and Professor in Psychology at Ravenshaw University, Odisha.